Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Reading


I'm one of those that like to read certain kinds of Books at certain times of the year! I like to read books set in the Summer time, in the Summer time! Just like I read Christmas books at Christmas time! Weird huh?! :) So here is some of what I'm reading this Summer . . .


I started the Summer off with The Mermaids Singing by: Lisa Carey. It's about 3 generations of Women & the choices they've made. It's set mostly on an Island in Ireland. I liked the premise of the Book, but not so much the actual book. :( It was touching, I love Mother/Daughter Books, but I wouldn't let my Daughters read this one due to some content.


Now I'm reading Nicholas Sparks' The Best Of Me! I love his books even though they don't always have a "Happily Ever After" ending! I have not cried yet in this one though, but I don't know how it will end. :) They are also making it into a Movie, soon to be released. Which you know will be good. 




Elin Hilderbrand is the Queen of Beach Reads! Her Books are always set on the Beach in the Summer! I read her book Barefoot a couple summers ago and really liked it! So this year I'll be diving into The Castaways! Should be good!


Then I'll move on to Sisterhood Everlasting by; Ann Brashares. You know Ann Brashares from the Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants Series, that was set each Summer of 4 Friends' High School years. This Book is actually the same 4 girls, years later as they reunite. I'm excited to read it!


So, how are you doing on our 2014 Bookshelf Challenge? I've read 15 Books so far this year. You can see what I've read here on Goodreads! And more importantly, what are you Reading this Summer?

No comments: